Search This Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hello Fellow Etsians...

I must apologize because I have NOT been keeping up with you or my blog.
Living in another country where you are not familiar with the language has it's ups and downs. Unfortunately, I was a bit down, BUT,  yesterday I spent time with an amazing person and actually got inspired and fired up to update my blog, my inventory and start working on more of my jewelry.

For those of you that don't know, I make my own jewelry and have an Etsy shop of my own. The Etsy store is RememberLove.etsy.com .

Smokey Chocolate
Here is a sample of one of my pieces. I call it "Smokey Chocolate".


 Since starting this blog I had my first sale and I am up to sale number 4. I am very excited about this since I felt a bit of validation. Starting an Etsy shop (as many of you know), is no easy task. With so many wonderful shops and talented artists, it's hard  to stand out amongst the masses. My advice: HANG IN THERE! You will sell your first piece, and once you do, you won't be able to get the ball to STOP rolling. I heard somewhere that it takes about up to 2 to 3 months to get your first sale...YIKES! But don't worry, keep up your marketing and continue posting those pieces, you'll get there.

Once (and when) I reach my 1000 sale, I'm having a big party <---that's my goal for this year, call it a "mid -year new year resolution" if you will.

Now, in honor of our new Etsians and those still needed their first sale, I'm going to dedicate this post to our "POUNCE'" feature on Etsy, "UNDISCOVERED" and see what we can find. Shall we...


Reggie sOx - Sock MonkeyReggie sOx - Sock Monkey by soxbysuzi
LOVE IT! I love monkeys! I've always wanted a pet monkey since I was a little girl but I was never allowed! Pfft...something about responsibility, being weird, to much money, are you crazy, blah blah blah :) But with this one, I can keep, throw it around, not feed it and it would still look as adorable as ever.  You can't beat the expression on this monkey's face. LOVING this SHOP! I can't wait to see more.

Padded Zipper Pouch - Cosmetic, Camera, Stationery, KeysPadded Zipper Pouch - Cosmetic, Camera, Stationery, Keys by CinziaGarden
Remember yesterday when you were digging in your purse because your cell phone was ringing and you couldn't find it until it was too late? Then when you called the number back no one answered? Or last week when you had 50 lbs of grocery in one arm and you couldn't find your keys? And you promise yourself you are going to buy something to keep it all together so you won't lose it, but you can't find something stylish? Yeah, I totally remember that, well, here it is...trendy, one of a kind, colorful (perfect for spring) and oh so cute! I'm a sucker for colors. Plus, these colors are going to keep me organized. Oh...my makeup fits in here too...hmm...purchasing 2 might not  be a bad idea. On top of that, at the price it's being sold for, you can make it a gift for that person that is OH so hard to shop for!




de Paris Ballpoint Pen MAIRE - Greende Paris Ballpoint Pen MAIRE - Green by sassytalkcafe
For many, many, many, many, MANY years I worked in an office setting, more specifically in hotel management and I had a problem, a BIG one, I USED TO STEAL PENS! Yes, pens. Not the work pens that we had for our guests. No, I didn't like those. I used to swipe pens from other managers, pens that guests left at the front desk and never came back for, pens left in the lobby, pens, pens, pens. I LOVE them! Yes, I know, I have a problem. Well, let me tell you, I have never seen a pen like this. This would of disappeared so fast you wouldn't know what hit you. As soon as you turned around...BAM! It's mine! Plus, if they came with a little story like this one does..."Maire is a mayor in Paris.He invites you to look around Paris. Enjoy!" , I would probably wrestle you for it. I know, I could go buy my own, it's less than $9 bucks for this pen, it's a steal anyways....but back then, what would of been the fun in that :) I adore this shop. Take a look, meet Cha-Cha ,she lives in Paris too. 



Lavender focal bead
Lavender focal bead by GlassTwigs
If you've ever worked with glass beads or seen lampwork or handmade glass pieces, you develop and appreciation for those whose who create those masterpieces, and this, my friend, is nothing short of a masterpiece. The colors are amazing and the work is spectacular. Living here in Prague, far far away from home :( , I've seen the special care, technique and pride they take in their glass here, and it's refreshing to see a fellow Etsian take the the same pride in their work as I see here. I haven't seen a piece like this in a while. I'm sure those who work with glass beads for jewelry making will agree. I can't wait to see more pieces, nay, ARTWORK from this shop!

Well, that's all I have for today folks. Stay tuned tomorrow for another fantastical update. If you find an Etsy shop that you want to share (or even your own), feel free to e-mail me at RememverLoveJewelry@gmail.com  .


Now time for my breakfast (or is it lunch time yet?) 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the feature and Reggie says "Hi"

    ReplyDelete
  2. My two favorite things on this post are your earrings, and the monkey!
    It is so exciting that you are on your fourth sale! Good marketing is always a must when you have an Etsy store. I will write a blog post of your store for my blog =) Hopefully it will help get you to your 1000 sale!
    Keep up the good work and don't lose that inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I hope that I can party with you when you get to 1000 in December. Great goal and beautiful earrings:)

    ReplyDelete